Thursday, January 21, 2016

Song of Fire & Ice

The CCC Gunner model I received in MERCS: Recon Counter Threat had a slightly awkward lean to her, so last night I went about fixing it. It took me about 5 minutes, involved a bowl of hot water, and cold running tap water.

Megacon Games have a youtube video that details how to fix warped plastic miniatures, which is the technique I used here.
The technique demonstrated in the video can also be used for basic conversion work on plastic models too!


Here's the process I used for this fixing this particular model (note that I have not glued the model to the base yet):
  1. Remove the model from the slotted base
  2. Dunk the model into the hot water, from the shins down, for 10-20 seconds
  3. Take the model out of the hot water, and reinsert it back into the slotted base
  4. Bend the model so that it has the lean you want
  5. Run the model, still attached to the base, under cold running tap water for 10-20 seconds
Note that the video uses ice water to set the plastic - I've found that the technique works fine with running cold tap water.

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment